California Auto and Truck Accident Attorneys
When you are involved in any type of motor vehicle accident, there are some common-sense rules to follow. At Marin Litigators, our lawyers have many years of experience with all types of personal injury matters and offer the following suggestions based on their experience.
What To Do After an Accident?
Our attorneys recommend that people know the following if you are involved in an accident ::
- Stop your vehicle. Leaving the scene of an accident violates California law.
- Put out flares or use your hazard lights to warn other drivers.
- Call an ambulance or the police.
- Get as much information as you can about the other drivers and witnesses. If you or one of your passengers or anyone at the scene have a camera or cell phone with a camera, take pictures of the scene to preserve visual evidence.
- You must make a police report, even if the police were not needed at the time, if someone was injured or killed or there is significant property damage.
- Seek medical help for your injuries.
- Keep a diary, journal, or log after the accident to record days lost from work, physical symptoms, emotional problems, visits to the doctor, medications prescribed and taken.
Our attorneys have obtained payment for medical care, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and other expenses and damages arising from motor vehicle accidents throughout California including Highway US 101, Highway 37, Interstate 80, State Highway 1, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
To learn more about truck and car accidents, contact our Marin car accident attorneys for a free initial consultation. All personal injury claims are handled on a contingent fee basis, so you are only charged attorney fees if we recover compensation for you to cover your losses.